Status: September 2015
The 10-point plan for a transfer of business
This information is provided free of charge. No warranty or liability is assumed for the contents contained therein, neither for completeness nor correctness. This is not a substitute for individual counselling.
- Is the unit to be transferred an establishment or part of an establishment?
- Does the transfer of business trigger organisational changes?
- Which employed persons are to be assigned to the operation(s)?
- Are the persons employed genuine employees?
- Is there a works council?
- Does the transfer of business affect the works council?
- Will there be a change of collective agreement?
- Are there company agreements? If so, are these relevant for the transfer of the business?
- Are company pension commitments affected by the transition?
- Should existing employment relationships be terminated before the transfer of business?